Thursday, January 28, 2016

Meeting Her


I sat on the sidewalk bouncing my right leg up and down while nervously playing with my hands. The trees danced with the wind moving from side to side, leaves decorating the parking lot. I could hear the student’s voices in the background loud and deafening, but barely audible at the same time.

His cousin smiled at me and said he’d never seen me so anxious, I stopped listening to everyone after that and submerged myself into my fictional world’s to gain some confidence. Blue skies, white as cotton clouds floated above us. One, one, two, two, three, three, repeat. Counting my heartbeats I submerged myself into my fictional worlds to gain some confidence. He put his hand on the small of my back and whispered into my ear she’s here. The world stopped. Nothing else mattered anymore because it was just his eyes that I saw and suddenly I was in the car, her smile was a precious pearl in the midst of marshlands.

I licked my lips tasting the sweet honey and cold peppermint chap stick. Holding onto the soft cushioned seat I responded to her questions as best as I could. He said it was okay that I could relax. His soothing hands held onto mine and I felt the weight being lifted off my shoulders. The moment he smiled at me with his pearly whites she spoke too and I could hear her lips curing up. The resemblance was evident between them and I stood out more than I’m usually comfortable with, but it was okay.

Mrs. Diaz who asked to call her Floris was friendly, funny, fantastic, and family.

Image result for bravery quotes from divergent
Image result for school parking lot  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful writing! I love the figurative language from the alliteration to the chapstick.

    ReplyDelete